The Collaboration for Ongoing Visitor Experience Studies (COVES) is a transformative data service created by museum professionals for museum professionals to help museums be more effective and economically strong through collaborative collection, analysis, and interpretation of visitor experience data.Learn more about COVES View Our Goals
COVES seeks to achieve the following:
- Establish a sustainable, responsive program to support science museums of all sizes across the country to engage collaboratively in ongoing visitor experience studies;
- Create a coalition of institutions focused on understanding and improving the visitor experience;
- Integrate visitor data collection and analysis across a diverse range of organizations in order to build field-wide knowledge and understanding of science museum audiences and their experiences;
- Build the evaluation capacity of science museums across the nation; and
- Increase and enhance the use of visitor data-based decision-making among museum professionals.